- Lookup Volunteers - If you have Mineral County materials such as local history books or an old yearbook or business directory- a lookup now and then would be immensely helpful. Give me your ideas here!
- Courthouse or Library Research - Can you do a lookup at the courthouse or library from time to time? Some people do this as volunteers and some charge a fee - just let me know how to post it.
- Indexers - Are you willing to index the surnames of a local history? If you are - we will be glad to post them (and give you credit, of course).
- Transcribers - How about taking your daily walk through a local cemetery and transcribing it? Take a clipboard or a tape recorder - you'll be amazed at how interesting and enjoyable this project is. Or transcribe the local marriage records. I will be glad to post them. You will own the copyright on the transcription and will get credit on this site.
- Obituary Posting - post summaries of any Mineral County obits on the GenConnect Board.
- Census Transcribers - If you would like to help transcribe Federal or State Census records for posting on the internet, contact the Census On-Line Project.
- The Last Best Place, a Montana Anthology, edited by William Kittredge and Annick Smith
Please note that there is no index to this book
- 118 Years of History, by The Montana Historical Society of Mineral County, 1976
- Catholic Church Records of the Pacific Northwest, St. Ann, Walla Walla, Frenchtown, by H.D. & A.R. Munnick, Binford & Mort, 1989
- Frenchtown Valley Footprints, Frenchtown Historical Society, Mountain Press Printing, 1976
- Garnet--Montana's Last Gold Camp, by H. Hammond, Acme Press 1983
- Ghost Towns of Montana, by D.C. Miller, Pruett, 1974
- Gumboot Gamblers, Tales Of The Cedar Creek Gold Rush, by D.J. Davis, Mineral County Museum & Historical Society, 1987
- History of Montana, From Wilderness To Statehood, by J.M. Hamilton, Binford & Mort, 1957
- In Retrospect, A History Of Mineral County, by M.E. Hahn, Mineral Publishing Co., (No date.)
- Missionary to the Mountain West, Reminiscences Of Episcopal Bishop, Daniel S. Tuttle 1866-1886, by D.S. Tuttle, Univ. of Utah Press, 1987
- Missoula The Way It Was, A Portrait Of An Early Western Town, by L. Koelbel, Pictorial Histories, 1972
- Montana - The Gold Frontier, by D. Cushman, Stay Away, Joe Press, 1973
- Montana Paydirt, A Guide To The Mining Camps Of The Treasure State, by M.S. Wolle, Sage Books, 1963
- More From the Quarries of Last Chance Gulch, Vol. I & II, J. Axlin, etc., Helena Independent Record, 1995 & 1996
- Pioneering in Montana, The Making Of A State, 1864-1887, by G. Stuart, Arthur Clark, 1925
- Prospecting for Gold, From Dogtown To Virginia City, 1852-1864, by G. Stuart, Arthur Clark, 1925
- Religion in Montana, Vol. I & II, by L.F. Small, Rocky Mountain College, 1992
- Montana the Land and the People, by Robert George Raymer, a 3-Volume series.
Paulette K. Parpart, Librarian
The Missoula Public Library has data for the following counties in western Montana: Missoula, Mineral, Granite, Ravalli, Lake, Lincoln, and Sanders. The Western Montana Genealogical Society houses their collection at the Missoula Public Library. We have a committee that helps answer the queries. You are welcome to send them to me. We created our files to do this.
There may be a bit of wait as we receive MANY queries through our Society's mail, Roots-L, Library mail and e-mail, the Montana State Genealogical Society, etc. Check out the Missoula Public Library's website under genealogy. We have listed SOME of the records that we have to check. We do not have census tapes in our library. They are available at the University of Montana's Mansfield Library and our local Family History Center has the Montana films as well. If the information is not here, I may know where it is. Sincerely, Paulette K. Parpart, Library Technician